Friday, April 10, 2015

Surprise Trip to New York


I can’t believe that my last post was December 25, 2013. I will have a detailed post on my new craft room very soon but this one is to showcase my first EVER 8x8 album and doing it solely with Graphic 45 papers. They are beautiful papers but they intimidate me I am not really sure why but they do. Anyone else have paper that does that to them?
I was talking to my best friend one day regarding how I wanted to go to NY but my husband didn’t seem to want to go with me and she said that her daughter has been dying to go back and they would go with me. I was so happy then we had to decide when.  We thought going on Malina’s birthday would be great and the perfect gift but then thought don’t want her to not be with her father on her birthday and then we had to find out when her school’s state wide tests were so the waiting game begin because Pennsylvania does not have spring break. I was totally shocked by this news that is total downer.

FINALLY the dates got released and leave the day after her birthday and staying until Tuesday Morning worked. So, we leave tomorrow April 11th and return April 14th.
So, as a way that reveal the trip and I be included we had to come up with a way and then Myra told me they were going thru some old pictures and Malina had taken them and put them in an album which she spent some time on and was proud of how it turned out and was showing to any and every one that came to the house. Lightbulb went off I will make her a book she can show to everyone regarding this trip and then had to choose size cause I didn’t want to do a 12x12 as if she wanted to take it to school that would not fit in her bag and 6x6 was too small so I settled on an 8x8. Then had to find travel themed paper so I went searching and saw some that were okay but the Graphic 45 “Come Away With Me” paper was perfect for this project.

Tonight she will open the book and this will be the first page that she sees.


























 
Just got text from my best friend and Malina was absolutely surprised and excited.

 

1 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Love it! Have a wonderful time in NY. Your friend will love this!