Saturday, March 19, 2011

My First Altered Item

Happy Saturday Everyone! I hope you are enjoying your Saturday so far as I am thoroughly enjoying mind. I slept in late, got dressed, scrapbooked a little, ate some lunch, took a nap, and now I am back to scrapping and watching old Charlie Angels episodes. But enough about me and on to what you actually came here to see.

I love reading blogs and seeing all of the items that people do and I am so envious at many of the altered items I see people create. One day while reading some blogs I found some easy directions on the Unity Opportunity Blog unityopportunity-blog.blogspot.com. I went to Michael's and got this cute little oval and other items on the shopping list and decided I will do this.

I sat down and just followed the instructions and here is my finished project. I am so proud that I actually did this and maybe one day I will be able to harder pieces like birdhouses like my cousin Robin http://robinshakoor.blogspot.com/2011/02/for-birds-graphic-45-once-upon.html did. I was in A.C. Moore yesterdy and looked at one that was just so adorable but I am far off from doing something like that. I think I want to try an altered notebook or clipboard next.


Supplies:
BasicGray Kioshi paper and emblishments
Prima vine
mod podge
sanding tool

3 comments:

Dakota Bear said...

This very pretty and decorative.

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours and very pretty!

Robin Shakoor said...

Crystal this is beautiful! I love it! Do you think we can get cousin Monika to create an altered item? LOL.