Monday, January 9, 2012

NEW WORKS Exhibition

Hello All! I know that I have been very bad at blogging lately but life has gotten in the way and before I knew it we were at the holidays. Time has definitely been flying by. I hope everyone had wonderful holiday's and were able to relax and spend quality time with family.

I had a very excitable weekend one that goes down the book of big accomplishments in my life. I had a photograph of mine accepted into an exhibition at this place in my area called “The Workhouse of Lorton”.

Last spring I took a class there called “Storytelling with Photographs”. It was a great class that taught me to look at my pictures in a whole different way and want to definitely approve my pictures. A friend asked me is it hard to have your pictures critiqued? My answer to her was NO it actually helped and makes me take better pictures.

I have loved taking pictures since I was given my first camera as a high school graduation gift and it was all it took to get me hooked and I have not stopped taking pictures ever since. My cousin Robin actually calls me “paparazzi” because I always have a camera not too far away that I can grab.

Here is a picture of me and my submission at the opening reception on Saturday night. My picture is of the LA port at night. I took this picture several years ago on a John Mayer cruise.


0 comments: